newnavbar

|   SHOP    |    ABOUT    |    CONTACT   |

8.13.2013

HAND PAINTED

You may be wondering how I hand paint the linings of the leather bags and the fabric for the Easy Circle Tote.  Here are a few shots I took during the process.  Originally, I intended to switch to silkscreening to make the process quicker, but I am still hand painting everything.  The amount of time and money to figure out how to silkscreen would not be worth the hassle right now.  I know how to paint, so I can stick with that for now.  As a one woman studio, I need to save my time and money for many other aspects of my business. I also realized hand painting fabrics is one of the most enjoyable aspects of making my bags.  So for now, I am happy keeping this painting assembly line the way it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment