newnavbar

|   SHOP    |    ABOUT    |    CONTACT   |

6.11.2014

COMMITTED

Time has really been escaping lately.   One thing I knew going into this whole building a business thing was the sacrifices to be made.  As an artist or creative, usually you have a day job to pay the bills, and then you go home to work on your work.  Except now I go home and work on the business and make stuff.  I am not complaining, just trying to be transparent. Believe me, I am much happier making sacrifices so I can make stuff, over not making stuff. I guess it is just hard to keep perspective sometimes.  It is hard to work hard.  It is not always fun or stimulating.  Just like any other job out there.  So, any of you out there who want to do what you love, try to change your expectations a bit. There will be tears, sweat, and a lot of anxiety.  But you will most likely learn a lot, gain confidence, and continue to cultivate ideas.  The questions do not go away.  But hopefully you start answering them bit by bit.  I am not busy, just committed.

Eroyn Franklin explains this dilemma very well.  More here.


1 comment: